Our collaborative approach with government agencies, universities, other national laboratories and industry partners is the key to creating the greatest impact through policy development, capacity building and technological advances. Since 1988 we have facilitated relationships between the U.S., China and Berkeley Lab in order to build scientific capabilities and facilities in the area of energy and the environment.
- 尖端研究in energy data, long-term energy modeling, smart and resilient cities, urban infrastructure and more
- Unique tools and guidebooks that make the measurement of energy use easier to predict, control and analyze
- Exchange programs between students and officials in both China and the U.S.
- Development of clean power and smart grid integrations
- Assistance with high-performance buildings and products
- Joint academic and research exchanges through the Berkeley Tsinghua Joint Research Center
Our work advances U.S. national security and economic prosperity, demonstrates American generosity, and promotes a path to recipient self-reliance and resilience.
Department of Energy's Office of International Affairs:www.energy.gov/ia/initiatives/us-china-clean-energy-research-center-cerc
U.S. - China Clean Energy Center (Secretary of Energy Rick Perry on Steering Committee):www.us-china-cerc.org/who-we-are/
In Beijing, Secretary Perry Promotes U.S., China Clean Energy Cooperation:www.seattletimes.com/business/in-beijing-perry-promotes-us-china-clean-energy-cooperation/